Comment on page
200M RAMP Liquidity Incentive Program
With the RAMP platform ready for scaling up user adoption, it is only natural that more resources be diverted into marketing for the RAMP 2.0 Growth Roadmap.
What does this all mean? A wide range of marketing-centric activities focused around user adoption and growth to take place, including and not limited to:
- rUSD Liquidity Incentive Program: 150,000,000 RAMP (~USD45M) in incentives for users who deposit assets and mint the rUSD stablecoin on the RAMP platform
- rUSD Stability Incentive Program: 50,000,000 RAMP (~USD15m) in incentives for users who provide liquidity to stabilize rUSD swaps against other stablecoins including BUSD, USDC, USDT and DAI.
The RAMP Liquidity Incentive Program focuses on:
(i) incentivizing users to borrow the rUSD stablecoin after depositing collateral; and
(ii) stabilizing the rUSD peg to other USD-backed stablecoins.
The relationship between RAMP and rUSD is symbiotic.
The more assets deposited into RAMP and the more rUSD minted, the more fees generated for the protocol. The fees are then used to repurchase RAMP and remove RAMP from circulation. The generation of sufficient protocol fees is expected to make RAMP deflationary.
With this incentive program, we hope to onboard, at scale, new DeFi users who wish to maximize the full value of their crypto-asset ownership, while improving RAMP tokenomics in the process.
The RAMP incentives in each program are evenly shared between the following five blockchain networks: (1) Binance Smart Chain; (2) Polygon; (3) Ethereum; (4) Solana; and (5) Polkadot.
As the most developed blockchain ecosystem for RAMP, Binance Smart Chain shall be the first blockchain to start receiving liquidity incentives.
The liquidity incentives for the other blockchains — Polygon, Ethereum, Solana and Polkadot will be activated once the platform development is ready.
Liquidity incentives for Binance Smart Chain are expected to begin in November 2021.
30,000,000 RAMP are allocated for rUSD borrowing taking place on Binance Smart Chain.
RAMP tokens will be distributed in accordance with the schedule below across a period of 23 months:
- 3,000,000 RAMP per month shared between rUSD borrowers for the first month (incentive period: 1 month);
- 2,250,000 RAMP per month shared between rUSD borrowers from the 2nd to 4th month (incentive period: 3 months);
- 1,500,000 RAMP per month shared between rUSD borrowers from the 5th to 12th month (incentive period: 8 months); and
- 750,000 RAMP per month shared between rUSD borrowers from the 13th to the 23rd month (incentive period: 11 months).
Note: A vesting schedule will be applied on rewards claiming, more information will be shared at program commencement.